Tuesday - Friday :
Open 11am to 1pm and 2.30pm to 7pm
11am - 7pm
About the Gallery
The Galerie Flak is located 8 Rue des Beaux-Arts, Paris, 6th arrondissement, near St Germain des Prés, France. It was founded in 1990 by Edith and Roland Flak. The Galerie Flak specializes in Ancient Tribal Arts from Africa, Oceania & North America.
Julien Flak is a certified expert in ancient arts of North America and Oceania and a member of CECOA (the European Chamber of Expert-Advisors in Fine Art) and a member of SNA (the French Association of Antique dealers- Syndicat National des Antiquaires).
The gallery closely works with the major ethnography museums around the world (Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac in Paris, Musée des Confluences in Lyon, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Rietberg Museum in Zurich, museums in Tahiti, Taiwan, Jerusalem, etc.).
The Galerie Flak also takes part in important art fairs around the world. This includes exhibitions at the Art + Design Pavilion (PAD fair), Paris Tribal and Parcours des Mondes in Paris, the Bourgogne Tribal show as well as the annual AOA/ MATA Fair in New York.
Every year, the gallery stages a major exhibition. Our latest events include the following exhibitions and publications:
• Ferocious Poetry, Ancient arts of New Ireland, 2019
• Voyages, in the wake of Captain Cook, 2019
• AfriCubism, 2018
• New Beginnings, 2017
• Archaic Eskimo, 2016
• The American Dream, Parcours des Mondes, 2015
• First Nations, Native American Art, 2014
• Skulls, 2013
• Katsinam, Hopi & Zuni Kachina dolls, 2013
• Nigeria Masters of Movement, 2012
• Polynesia, 2011
• Face to Face Ritual Art / Industrial Objects, 2011
• Papua New Guinea, 2009
• Totems & Shamans of Alaska and the Northwest Coast, 2008
• Mossi Fertility Dolls (a not-for-profit-exhibition), 2008
• Ibeji: The Yoruba worship of the twins, 2001
METRO - SUBWAY:
Ligne 4: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Ligne 4: Odéon
Ligne 1: Louvre-Rivoli
39 | 76 | 80| 95
The gallery offers a wide range of services to its private and corporate clients including:
- Purchase, sale, leasing of tribal art objects and collections
- Appraisal, authentication
- Tailor-made searches of artworks for private collectors, institutions or professionals (decorators, architects, designers)
- Personalized consulting and advice for collectors and companies on aspects of starting a collection, and acquiring, installing, conserving and appraising works of art
- Art rental for special events and film/TV productions
- Gallery space rental for special events
- Seminars and lectures on tribal art and the art market
- Corporate events
For any information, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Julien Flak is a certified expert of C.E.C.O.A. (the European Chamber of Expert-Advisors in Fine Art) and a member of SNA (the French Association of Antique dealers- Syndicat National des Antiquaires).